For the open-minded, non-topical internet user...

Tuesday 30 September 2014

Venezuela - The Home of Plastic Culture and Artificial Beauty

Migbelis Lynette Castellanos Romero
Miss Venezuela 2013
Here I am, minding my own business browsing the webs on a Tuesday morning. I haven't had my coffee yet, and this man appears that shatters my believes for how spiritually void, materialistic and profane a man can be. (By man I mean a human being - just so we're clear.)

The video below is a short documentary for how the Venezuelans have pushed the female appearance to the extreme, enforcing an iron model for the female body. Everyone who doesn't meet that model is deemed unattractive, or not as attractive as they can be, which literally forces women to undergo countless of surgery procedures in order to mould their body into the standard. A standard that's completely fake.




To keep up with this notion, Venezuelans have even crafted according models for shopkeepers to display their clothing on. The comparison between the new ones and the imported ones is striking and just enough to remind of how far things have gone...




I swear, I'm grateful I saw this video, but it could have waited another one or two hours...

No comments:

Post a Comment